Friday 1 February 2013

Avadares GDT Spot

I was absolutely amazed when I was approached by Teresa to be Guest Designer for Avadares for February.  This is my first Guest Designer spot and I'm honoured that it is with Avadares.  The image for February is a St Patricks themed image.  I've gone with the green colouring theme:


The challenge for Avadares can be found at the following link:
http://avadareschallengeblog.blogspot.co.nz/2013/02/challenge-8-st-patricks-or-green.html


This card is also for the challenges at:
Crafting for All Seasons - Buttons and Bows
http://craftingforallseasons.blogspot.co.nz/2013/01/challenge-44-buttons-and-bows.html
Jellypark Friends - Add buttons
http://jellyparkchallenges.blogspot.co.nz/2013/01/new-challenge-button-up.html
Tuesday Alchemy - Anything Goes
http://tuesdayalchemy.blogspot.gr/2013/01/challenge-49-anything-goes.html

The background paper that I have used for this card comes from a paper pad by DCWV called Lemon Flowers.  The image is from Avadares.

I also cut out a lace threader from another sheet of paper from the Lemon Flowers pack...and then threaded it with some green satin ribbon.  In the original plan, I was going to add a shamrock die-cut but then I couldn't find where I put the die last time I used it! Then I was looking through my box of buttons that I got from my Mum last April (I was actually looking for buttons for another card) and found these celtic knot buttons.  Goodness knows how old they are (probably more than 30 years ) but they were perfect for this card.  I'm pleased now that I couldn't find the shamrock die!  The bow is made from a very pale green organza ribbon.

6 comments:

  1. Suze, I love the way you did a green monochromatic with this image! Magnificent. Fantastic ribbon and bow treatment. So glad you agreed to be our Guest Designer for February. The team is enhanced by your talent. :-D Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh! This is super dooper! I love love love those buttons! Thanks for playing at Crafting For All Seasons his time!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely card, such pretty greens.
    Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a refreshing color scheme on such a cute card. Those Celtic Knot buttons are PERFECT! Thanks for playing along with us a Tuesday Alchemy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card - love this emerald baeuty x
    Thanks for playing along with us at Jellypark Friends & good luck x
    ((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrat's for winning over at Jellypark Suze!

    ReplyDelete