Monday 14 January 2013

Colour palette turtle

I had a bit of a block with these colours for some reason - probably the heat we are experiencing at the moment turning my brain to mush!  Eventually, I created this card:


The colour challenge can be found here:
http://meljensdesignsdt.blogspot.co.nz/2013/01/challenge-142-color-challenge.html

The paper for this card comes from Free Digital Scrapbook and is called Pink Beach Towel.  Figured that this was appropriate for the turtle!  The contrasting paper is also from Free Digital Scrapbook and is called Halloween Crackle - not quite so appropriate but fits the colour scheme.  I've cut it into a wave pattern to resemble water - the crackle is the seaweed.

The image is from Meljens Designs Studio and is called Turtles Little Star.  The sentiment is from Create with TLC.  I have also added some swirls of gemstones to match the image but also to represent some bubbles.

3 comments:

  1. Super cute card, Suze! I love your attention to detail; the wave pattern, the crackle seaweed and the gemstone bubbles! All put together makes a very nice card!

    Thank you for joining our challenge this week at MelJen's!

    ~Barb, MelJen's Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable!!! Love the colors.. just perfect :) Great sentiment too!! Thanks for playing along with us at MelJen's!! Good luck! And I hope I see you again for our next challenge :)

    - Susan, DT @ Meljen's Designs

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute card and love the colours! thanks for joining us at Meljen's Challenges hugs JEss

    ReplyDelete