Friday 11 January 2013

Playing in the Sand


A nice bright summery card.  We are in the middle of summer here in New Zealand and sometimes I just feel like creating a card to reflect that.  This one is bright and summery:


This card is for the challenges at:
Sweet Sketch Wednesday - Sketch
http://sweetsketchwednesday.blogspot.co.nz/
Whoopsi Daisy - Die-Cuts & Punches
http://cutedaisymay.blogspot.co.nz/2013/01/die-cuts-and-punches.html


You might have to scroll down to find the post for Sweet Sketch Wednesday as I couldn't find a link direct to the post - only to the blog.  Not sure what I did wrong but the sketch that the card is based on is this one:



I have used some papers from a paper pad by Kate Knight to form the main background.  The orange matting is from a scrap paper pack that I have been using alot recently - after it sat in my stash for more than two years!  The purple is also some from my stash - think it has been there even longer than the orange!  I added some glitter ribbon from American Crafts to the sketch to tie in the other background colour.

The image that I have used comes from Whoopsi Daisy.  I have had this image for a while but I think this may be the first time that I have used it.  The sentiment is from Paper Smooches.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Suze, It looks like you were able to finally link your card. I am sorry you had a problem. Sometimes wednesday mornings get away from us. Arlana hasn't been feeling very well and she is the one that puts the inlinkz on each Tuesday night. She forgot to do it because she was sick. You card is super sweet. This is a perfect spring time card....spring :) oh how I am looking forward to it coming. It turned really cold today.
    I am rambling...thanks for joining us each week.
    Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute. Love all the layering. Thanks so much for joining us this week at SSW

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a bright and sunny card. What pretty papers and love the color combo. Happy to have you with us at SSW.
    Hugs, Heide SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This lovely card will brighten up anyone's day, especially here in UK where we're in middle of winter. Thank you for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy this time and good luck
    Bettyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well here in the States we're in the middle of winter, so thank you for the sweet summery card!! Super cute image and papers. Thanks for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suze, I love this bright summery card. Thank you for brightening up a very cold UK winter's day. How I wish I was in NZ right now. The image is so sweet and set off perfectly by the bright papers. Thanks for joining us at SSW this week. Holly x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, Love all those beautiful colours.. fabulous image & design! Thank you for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy this week... May x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a Sweet Summery card!! I've got about 6 months to wait for Summer... Love your soft colors and the image is so sweet!! So glad you joined us her at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!!
    Blessings to you Suze!!
    Sally SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. So, so Sweet! Darling image and terrific happy feeling papers and colors. Great job with the sketch too. So glad to have you join us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
    Sharon, SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete