Saturday 11 May 2013

Flip Flop

Another paper pieced card - I think I'm starting to get the hang of these now:

This one is for the following challenges:
Sentimental Sundays - Paper Piecing
http://sentimentalsundays.blogspot.co.nz/2013/05/challenge-153-paper-piecing.html
Penny's Paper - Die Cuts or Punches
http://pennyschallenges.blogspot.co.nz/2013/05/pennys-challenge-126-diecuts-andor.html
CRAFT Challenge - Birthday Card
http://trimmiescraftchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/happy-birthday-to-us-our-blogaversary.html
Clear it Out Challenge - 2 or More DP
http://clearitoutchallenge.blogspot.ca/2013/05/its-challenge-time.html
Glitter n Sparkle - Anything Goes
http://glitternsparklechallengeblog.blogspot.co.nz/2013/05/challenge-31.html

Matting throughout this card is done with some pink metallic paper.  Really has lifted the card!  The image is from DZ Doodles.  The two papers used for the paper piecing come from Décosse's Dynamite Doodles.  The sentiment is from Sans Designs.  The swirl is a die cut from Memory Box - cuts beautifully but as it is intricate can be tricky to apply to the card!  Still it is one die that is definitely worth the effort.



8 comments:

  1. A lovely card!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "die cuts and/or punches” challenge & good luck in the draw…
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge on Wednesday.

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Love those paperpieced flipflops! Thank you for joining us at Sentimental Sundays. Hope to see you again next week.
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so cute! Such fun with the paper piecing!

    Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays...

    Sandy S
    SSDT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I updated the post Suze!
    Thanks for the support!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute. Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Makes me wish for warmer weather. It's the middle of May and we had snow flurries and hail here yesterday. Today it's freezing! Great card!! Thanks for joining us on the Clear It Out Challenge Blog. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful!
    Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper Craft this week and I hope we see you again soon!

    Hugz

    Laurian

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too funny. As I'm trying to catch up and noticed this one in my inbox, my first thoughts were, "oh, she used flipflops on her card, how cool, I never know what to do with those. Then as I looked a little closer I realized you had used the heart paper of mine. It wasn't until I came over and read that I realized the 'thong' part AND the background was another of my papers! I'm just so observant, I don't even recognize my own work. Thanks so much for doing such a lovely job with them. I'm headed to put your card in the gallery.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete