Sunday 26 May 2013

Hawaiian Girl

I have had this image coloured up for a little while but haven't been able to get the inspiration to finish the card.  While doing the Sassy Studio Blog Hop, I came across a sketch challenge which was perfect - unfortunately this is the last challenge for this one (trust me to find it when it was closing!).  I'm hoping that past sketches are still on the blog and that I may be able to use them for inspiration.  Here is my take on that sketch:

This card is for the following challenges:
Graphicat Sketches - Sketch Challenge
http://graphicatsketchs.blogspot.co.nz/
CDAC - Progressive Challenge - Image #4
http://priscillastyles.ning.com/group/cdac-progressive-freebie-challenges#?=

I have followed the sketch from Graphicat Sketch Challenge:


This one is Sketch 26 so I have managed to miss 25 of them.  I love sketch challenges and working from sketches so will go back through previous posts and see if there are others there.

I have used two papers from a paper pad by MME.  The banners have been cut using a long rectangle Spellbinders die and then trimmer cut to get the banner shape.  The ribbon is a grosgrain ribbon from American Crafts.  The image is from Back 2 Paper and is the fourth freebie in the current CDAC Progressive Challenge (link above).    I have coloured the image using copic markers and accented the flower in her hair with Glossy Accents.  The rose embellishment has been crafted using orange paper and a Marianne's Creatables die.  The finishing touch is some lavender pearls.


3 comments:

  1. So cute Suze! You did a great job with the layout and the image. Thank you so much for playing the CDAC PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGES
    ~Deb~
    CDAC DT Member
    A Look Through My Eyes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable. Love your colors. Thanks for joining us at Graphicat Sketches.
    Yvette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card, Suze! Love how you used the sketch for our sweet girl image. Great color choice, too. Thanks for playing along at CDAC!

    Christine - CDAC DT

    ReplyDelete