Saturday 13 July 2013

Fairy Easel Card

I don't often make easel cards but it is a nice change when I do:

I am entering this easel card into the following challenges:
Digi Darla - Make an easel card
http://digidarlas.blogspot.co.nz/2013/07/ddc-70-make-easel-card.html
The Outlawz Tuesday Challenge - colour plus add leaves
http://outlawzchallenges.ning.com/group/colorchallenge/forum/topics/july-9-color-challenge
Glitter n Sparkle - Fantasy/Fairytale
http://glitternsparklechallengeblog.blogspot.co.nz/2013/07/challenge-40.html

I have used a lavender cardstock as the base for this card.  I haven't used a template for this card - braved it and winged it a bit as I went along.

The image that I have used comes from Digi Darla.  I have die-cut the image using a Spellbinders Labels die that I purchased recently and then embossed the die to give it more definition.  Colouring is with copic markers RV06, RV04, RV02, YR31, Y000, E00.  The sentiment comes from When the Scrap hits the Fun and has been die-cut with a Spellbinders circle die. 

The leaves have been cut using a Spellbinders die and the flowers using a Marianne's die.  I have coloured some white pearls using copic YR31 and added these to the centre of the flowers.  I also added some Candy Cotton Stickles to the wings.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely card.

    Image is great.

    Cant beat making an easel card,I love them lol

    Thanks for joining us at Glitter n Sparkle.

    Tracey DTxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a terrific job on your easel!
    Thanks for joining us at Digi Darla’s

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've done an awesome job especially considering you didn't follow any templates. Love the softness to the piece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute!!!! love the soft colors you have used for this!!!

    Thanks for joining us at Digi Darla’s Challenge this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete