Friday 26 December 2014

Christmas Decoration

When I first saw this image, I wanted to use it to make a Christmas decoration but it took me ages to actually get it done.  It made it in time for Christmas Day - but just.  However, I haven't got around to blogging in until Boxing Day!



I would like to enter my decoration in these challenges:
The East Wind - Christmas
http://www.theeastwind.com/2014/12/challenge-21-christmas.html
CHNC - Urgently needed for Christmas
http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/chnc-challenge-208-whatever-is-still.html

I have used an image from The East Wind and fussy cut it.  I flipped the image for the reverse side.  I originally had an idea of printing on to some sort of acetate but the shops were a bit busy by the time I had that idea and I knew I'd need some assistance from the shop keeper.  Probably should find something suitable when the shops are quiet and have it ready for next year!  I added some apricot coloured ribbon that had a bit of a sparkle through it.  I also added Stickles - Star Dust to the hat and Kindy Glitz - Gold to the scarf and top of the ornament.

2 comments:

  1. Very cute!!! Love the great coloring. What a great idea to turn it into an ornament!

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at The East Wind. Hope you will join us next time DT Crafting Vicky. I’m doing a giveaway

    ReplyDelete